[NTLK] Bridging a MP2100 to an ethernet

From: John Osborne (tooz_at_oceanatlas.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 18:05:00 PST

I have a wired ethernet with two LocalTalk printers bridged to it via
Farallon etherwaves. On the network is a Mac OS 9 computer will file
sharing enabled, a PC with PC MacLan that shares folders on the PC via
AppleTalk and two iMacs running Jaguar and Panther (with their shared
folders). I have an extra LT-Ethernet bridge (Asante) so I plugged it
into my serial port (via dongle) on the MP2100 and connected a 10Base-T
wire to a hub. The bridge links up to the network but the MP2100 can't
seem to see anything when I'm using the Dock or trying to choose a
printer. I also tried one of my Farallon bridges and got the same
result.

Should this work? It seems like I ought to be able to see the shared
LaserWriter at least. I didn't know what to expect from the various
Macs and PC but I thought I might see NCU running on the Mac 9 machine
since I'm listening on AppleTalk as well as modem and printer ports. Am
I missing a piece of software or need to set something up on the MP?
Thanks in advance,

oz

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html