Re: [NTLK] Michigan Map Project: Can Somebody Help Me?

From: Cheyanne & Randy (bayoubuddies_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 09:13:59 PST

Matt,

        Maybe I haven't been following along well. Actually I am sure of it.
:-)

          What exactly do you need a "Mac-savvy individual" to do? What's the
conversion process that is needed? Is it something that I can do with
graphic converter or photoshop or is there some Mac specific software
from Mapper? Do the maps need to be converted to some special format
or scale or dpi? I have been taking long bicycle rides and am very
interested in getting off the beaten path and away from the crazed
Texas drivers seemingly intent on killing me and I am always hopeful
that I might encounter a road where the state sanctioned sport of
drunken idiots tossing beer bottle onto the road side is not practiced.
  It would be nice to carry along the newton and with the maps for a
route all loaded and ready to go. Can one annotate in the mapper
program (for instance: noting where packs of crazed farm dogs chase fat
boys on bikes thinking they may have steaks in their saddlebags)?

        Let me know, on or off list, what you need and, if I can help, I'll
give it a try. Maybe we can post the maps somewhere for others to use
(perhaps without personal annotations :-).

cheers,

Randy