Re: [NTLK] HWR and communication weirdness

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 16:34:12 PST

on 29/01/04 18:55, John Osborne at tooz_at_oceanatlas.com wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. How do you freeze and thaw a package?
>
> oz
>
> On Thursday, January 29, 2004, at 12:25 PM, Newtopia wrote:
>
>> OK, John,
>>
>> I hooked up my 2100 & 130 with my Newton Keyboard and had no trouble
>> drawing
>> or writing or using HWR in notes, I popped up shopList and HWR in
>> there too
>> with no troubles. So I think you have a conflict somewhere... Maybe
>> start by
>> freezing all of your packages and then trying. If that works, thaw one
>> .pkg
>> and try again, etc.

Using the free "Freeze Utility" package from StandAlone, for example.

-Laurent.

brain dump n.: [common] The act of telling someone everything one knows
about a particular topic or project. Typically used when someone is going to
let a new party maintain a piece of code. Conceptually analogous to an
operating system core dump in that it saves a lot of useful state before an
exit. "You'll have to give me a brain dump on FOOBAR before you start your
new job at HackerCorp." See core dump (sense 4). At Sun, this is also known
as `TOI' (transfer of information).
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html