Re: [NTLK] OT drooling over mac (TAM advice)

From: David Schultz (evil_genius_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 16:54:25 PST

at one point, Dan at dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com typed out:

> I would like to offer a suggestion. Could it possibly be something is
> giving interference that the TAM is susceptible to? Some florescent lights
> that are badly shielded give off a LOT of EMF's which could cause that
> problem. I would suggest going through and unplugging everything in that
> room that is normally on and you hear the buzz and see if that helps. Also
> if something is sending interference through the AC line, it can be in
> another room and still affect the TAM.
>
> -Dan

Thank you Dan. This was three years ago when I was wrestling with her. To
troubleshoot, I boxed up the entire machine, bose unit, et al and carted it
to my office in Manhattan, (which had just recently been remodeled, all new
wiring, etc.) Same deal. Swapped Cables. Same Deal. Tried a different room,
same deal. I had no electrical appliances, no fluorescents, just the TAM in
my room (Since it was my Computer, my stereo, my FM radio, My TV and my
internet all in one, it was terrific for saving space, and it was so
beautiful on my desk)

I'm an ex-genius (I love saying that, as does my wife, perhaps too much) so
believe me when I say I tried just about as much as one person can humanly
do. But thank you, seriously, for your suggestions.

Dave

--
I shall tend genius bar no more, forever.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html