Re: [NTLK] OT drooling over mac (TAM advice)

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 11:26:59 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: David Schultz
Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 12:55 PM
Subject: Re: [NTLK] OT drooling over mac (TAM advice)

> I would beg to differ. Take a chance on a TAM if you would like to have
> one.
>
> Yeah, mine had the buzzing sound. Got a new base unit and the sound is
> gone.
>
> My TAM runs great now.

sushi

I had 3 separate Bose unit replacements, shipped and received 4 new cables,
and 3 main computer refits (packaging the entire computer with the bose unit
in a large box each time and sending it to Apple for refitting) and each
time the static (or buzz) came back. Frustrated? You bet. Atypical? Nope.

After Reading apple's discussions, I think I would have to find a really
good deal on a TAM before shelling out money for one. And considering its a
68040LC (I tried using it a few months ago, and was sad to find it was so
slow compared to my other computers I use now I couldnąt bear it) It would
have to be upgraded just like yours.
I would like to offer a suggestion. Could it possibly be something is
giving interference that the TAM is susceptible to? Some florescent lights
that are badly shielded give off a LOT of EMF's which could cause that
problem. I would suggest going through and unplugging everything in that
room that is normally on and you hear the buzz and see if that helps. Also
if something is sending interference through the AC line, it can be in
another room and still affect the TAM.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html