Re: [NTLK] Trade Mac/Newt stuff for Lego Mindstorm stuff

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 01:30:44 PDT

>Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:07:54 +0200
>From: Jochen_Schäfer <js.josch_at_gmx.de>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Trade Mac/Newt stuff for Lego Mindstorm stuff

>DJ Vollkasko wrote:
>| >A little off the main topic but does anyone have any Lego Mindstorm
>items
>| >thay would like to sell or swap for Mac/Newton items?
>|
>| Or better: Is anyone willing to give to the world a Newton development
>| enviroment for Mindstorms? Please! E.g. there is a Java-based solution
>| called Lejos, maybe this could be ported to Waba...?
>The thought is intriguing...
>
>| See also http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/LegoMindstormsSdk.
>Are the IR ports of Newton and of Mindstorms compatible?

I'm not sure, but 2x00 does several protocols (ASK, IrDA), so one should
most likely fit. Anyhow, having a fully portable, long-running development
environment would rock. I really can't believe there's never been anybody
looking into this, what with Victor even featuring Mindstorms on his
website and others being into it, too...

DJV.