Re: [NTLK] MIniBar Help!

From: Thomas A Isenbarger (isen_at_plantpath.wisc.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 07:36:47 PDT

On Jul 9, 2004, at 9:22 AM, Jared Bland wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2004, at 10:12 AM, Thomas Hart wrote:
>
>> Jared,
>> I had the same problem and had to connect over irda on my wallstreet
>> using DILTester and delete all the related files. Restart and away you
>> go. No idea why minibar does this.
>>
>> Thomas
>
> I tried restarting but it did nothing. I was instructed to reset and
> hold the stylus in the middle of the left edge during the reset. It
> asked to start without loading packages and I said yes. I then deleted
> Minibar - just to be safe. I'm going to either retransfer it over or
> use Dashboard. I'm just giving all(most) the apps a try.

this reminds me of a recent problem i have been having with the Works
Auto-Ruler extension.

i had it installed and it was working properly. then, i decided it
might be a good idea to move all my packages onto my card and leave the
internal memory for data. then, i can back up my data, and if
something happens to the packages on the card, i can simply re-install
them. as i was transferring packages, some of them balked with errors,
including Works Ruler. Works Ruler was able to be moved, but the error
said that it must be installed internally in order to work. so, i
moved it back, but then upon restarting the newt, i was told that the
Works Ruler could not be activated and that it may not be compatible
with my newton or its system. i deleted it and reinstalled it, and i
get the same error about it being incompatible. so now, i have removed
it and i work without it.

so, maybe i need to clear a pref somewhere or take a look at the soup?

also, any comments on best ways to allocate data pakages between card
stores and internal, both in regards of data security (backup, etc) and
performance?

thanks,
Tom I.