Re: [NTLK] newton with no serial port

From: Stephen Wolfson (wolfson_at_infusent.com)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 07:52:28 PDT

Vincent.

Under the flap there should be 3 things:

1. A connector for the AC Adapter
2. A D shaped multipin connector
3. A square plastic cover.

The D shaped connector requires a "dongle" to access the serial port
(Converts the internal Connector to a Mac DIN or PC 9Pin D style connector)

Apple never officially offered a plugin in the plastic cover area, But a 9 pin female din called the SER-001 is available from JK sales or PCBMAN (as soon as his web site comes up in a month).

Steve