Re: [NTLK] Question: Newton 2100 Internal Battery Dead?

From: Brian A.Davis (brian-list-member_at_rogers.com)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 21:44:18 PDT

On Saturday, July 17, 2004, at 01:21 AM, John wrote:

> Actually, the 2100 doesn't have a back-up battery like the earlier 1xx
> series. They have a "super-cap" capacitor which stores enough power to
> keep your settings for quite a while. It's possible that your super-cap
> is bad, or maybe you need to keep it on the ac adapter for a while to
> let it fully charge the super-cap.

Thanks for the information John. I guess this is something so common
that nobody asks about it enough for it to be placed in the FAQ. :-)

I thought I had left it on the AC adapter long enough, but I will put
my 2100 on a little longer.

Do you know how long the "super-cap" capacitor should normally hold a
charge?

Cheers,

Brian

---