[NTLK] A Thought About Newton's Law

From: David Deranian (deranian_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jul 17 2004 - 15:45:44 PDT

Hi List-

I'm sure some of you old-timers like me have read the book by Andrew
Gore and Mitch Ratcliffe called "Newton's Law". I found my copy
recently and started just skimming through it and was reminded how
exciting the whole Newton movement seemed back in those beginning days.
Andrew and Mitch did a real nice job of making the the Newton seem very
inviting with lots of humor and solid information.

About the time the MessagePad 120 was being launched, there was an
announcement that Volume Two of Newton's Law would be published. I
remember checking with several book stores in the Boston/Cambridge area
and they did in fact show that Newton's Law Volume Two was going to be
available. Well, as we all know, that book never was published. I have
to assume that Andrew and Mitch maybe had some advanced knowledge that
the days of the Newton were numbered and their publisher (Random House)
pulled the plug.

So here's what I'm thinking. I'm willing to bet that there is probably
an entire and finished manuscript of Newton's Law Volume Two on
somebody's computer out there. I'm thinking either Andrew or Mitch have
Volume Two all or mostly written, but it was never actually printed.

Does anyone on the list know either one of these guys? It would be
worth a try to contact these guys and see if they'd donate the Volume
Two manuscript as a PDF, Word or Text doc. to the Newton community.
Comments anyone?

--
David Deranian
Digital Arts & Sciences, Inc.