Re: [NTLK] Looking for shopping advice

From: David M. Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 10:59:08 PDT

I have an OMP, MP 120b, 130, 2000U, 2100, and an eMate.

My OMP is a collection piece, the 120b is largely the same. The 2000U
is a backup for my 2100 should something happen to it.

I've used my 130 for things from time to time but very little, I depend
on my 2100 for nearly everything. My eMate I use for writing. I find it
to be a good tool for writing as my PB G4 has far too many
distractions. The pen/keyboard combo is quite odd as another poster
noted. The 2100 is by far the most flexible and useful of my Newtons
but I use the keyboard only from time to time, only when writing a lot,
not for meeting notes or anything similar. Since my eMate purchase I
use the keyboard on the 2100 even less because I do my dedicated
writing on that.

It really comes down to a question of what is your purpose for your
Newton.

David