Re: [NTLK] Looking for shopping advice

From: Vincent Juliano (jln646v_at_optonline.net)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 11:27:29 PDT

Buy a newton 2100. They go on ebay all the time cheep. I have one
and i love it. The fast processor in the 2000/2100 speeds up all the
newton processes. The fast speed helps speed up the hand writing
recognicion. The memory of the 2100 makes it able to run many apps
and internet and email apps. Since you like the keyboaed there are
many newton fold up keyboards avalible for the nerwton from apple and
many other 3rd parties. The 2 pc cards make a big diffrence because
with 2 pc cards you can have a modem or other communication port in
and still have one port open for ether another communications card or
a storage card.

Thje emate had many problems running software. They had limited
processing speed (25 mhz compared to the 161 mhz of the 2100) They
also had alot of problems with the screen. Many would break the
riblon cable to the screen. They also had limited memory(3 meg of
ram compared to the 8 meg of ram in the 2100 ) Also the screen in the
emate was a grayscale not a color.

The newton 130 was slow(20 mhz) had low memory(2.5 meg) Does not
support many email and web browsers because of the limited memory and
speed.

So i would highly recomend the newton 2100. You can get one for
under $100 at http://macsruscomputers.com If after all this you still
want an emate you can get one at this place 2. I dont know about the
130 but you can look. If he forgets anything thast he says that he
is including just send him an email. He forgot my styalas but when i
emailed him telling him that he forgot it he semt it to me express
amil free of charge. I highly reccomend this seller. He is also on
ebay. That is how i got my newton. His user id is macsruscomputers