[NTLK] Internet Problems Not Even Close to Being Solved!

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 13:10:28 PDT

Hello Robert et al,
I was referred to some packages on the UNNA site, but nothing seems to be
working. Argh!! Could somebody please send me the definitive packages I need to
get Internet access working? I tried reinstalling NIE, Internet Setup,
Internet Enabler, as well as Courier, and NetHopper. I probably ended up deleting
some key package that is needed to make all of this work, and now, I have no
clue.

I thought that the Earthlink setup in "Internet Setup" would walk me through
three pages, but there appears to only be two pages. No sign of any kind of
login scripts, and if I try to create one it says, "Can't find script editor".
What the F???!!!

Background history:

I used to rely on Newtscape to access the Internet, but I guess the Newtscape
program was shareware of some sort. I'm not sure how I would have registered
it, since it did not even refer me to a registering form! Anyway, I deleted
all the Newtscape stuff and installed the other browsers. They're about as
useful as paperweights right at the moment.

It would be nice if somebody could explain to me the definitive software
packages that I need, and also what software I should delete and/or re-install.
Thank you.

Matt K.