Re: [NTLK] 2100 Backlighting life?

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 06:47:10 PDT

I USE my backlight sparringly, more so because of battery consumption than anything else. i also dont leave it on for too long either. i have it set for a 2 minute timer so as not to just leave it burning even when it is plugged in. i can say that unless you have the backlight on for hours at a time that it should last you for quite a while but of course YMMV. i havent noticed any dimming of my light yet and i have had my ump2k since spring 2k.

HTH,
LAG

Alex Stevens <stationtoashes_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
Quick question - I recently picked up my first Newton,
a 2100 - and I had a question about the backlighting.
A friend of mine who got me hooked on Newtons advised
me to use the backlighting as little as possible
because he told me it had a finite lifespan and would
degrade over time.

I was wondering if any of you knew any more specific
information about the average lifespan of the
backlight, how hard it is to replace, and if I should
be careful about using it, because to tell you the
truth, I can't imagine using the Newton without it.