Re: [NTLK] pi[NUG] beta version...

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 06:59:50 PDT

IT LOOKS like you all had a lovely time. my favorite picture is the one of the newtons surrounding the beer. make sure to send some of those to grant for the newtons around the globe gallery.
LAG

noiseiskinky <grliot_at_tiscalinet.it> wrote:
Hi all

I'm happy to announce the BETA version of pi[NUG], our NUG based in
Pisa, Italy.
We are ~9 here using, hacking, experimenting, enjoing, crying (when it
strangely reboot) our super-fanta-fat-old Newts.

Friday 16 july we met to dinner in a Wim-Wenders-film-style italian
restaurant (a really nice, strange and somewhat inquietating place to
eat :}) proving our selves that after the first successful newton-pizza
meeting we could try again, and everything works: we met again, we
share some experiences with our newts (configure bluetooth, wifi, gprs,
NPDS...) and after we've drunken some wine bottles we started a long
discussion on usabiliy, mobile computing and how inadequate are modern
pda to solve our needs... buuuuuuuuuuuut the Neeeeeewtoooooooooon ....

I'm Gianni (aka NoiseIsKinky) , others pi[NUG] members are Angelo,
Michele, Albert, Leonardo, Giuseppe, Gianni (aka Dakkar), Luca and
Giovanni (the ~member because it is searching a Newt to buy...)

pi[NUG] stands for Pisa NUG (obviously) but at same time its sound
evokes "Pinocchio", the marionette dreaming to became a human child...
we have some dream about our Newts too...

here you can find some ... ehm... photo about our meetings (we are not
at our best... forgive us :)

http://homepage.mac.com/hello.mac/PhotoAlbum1.html
http://homepage.mac.com/hello.mac/PhotoAlbum4.html

we hope to see you here (I hope to meet someone in Paris...), if it
happen you are here for your holidays, for work, to meet some newton
user :) , to chat in front of good wine and food ...