Re: [NTLK] Newton Newbie: Some initial impressions, experiences (and perhaps even recommendations)

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 17:17:31 PDT

I have a thought for the more enlightened on the list. it seems to me
that there is a need and a market for a Newton configuration service.
When someone buys a Newton, they may want to have a place to send it to
so that it can be configured as they want it, WiFi, Bluetooth, Internet
access, etc. Such a service would be a great boon to the list and
greatly expand the community by lowering the barrier to entry for
Newbies or Newerbies. Just as you get your Dell configured at the
factory so that the less computer literate can open the box, turn it on
and do useful things, a Newton configuration service would go a long
way to making things easy for users. A user could buy a Newton and pick
from a smorgasbord of hardware and software that would be paid for and
configured by someone who is knowledgeable for a suitable fee. Of
course, all shareware costs would be figured into the pricing.
Any takers?

--
Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net