Re: [NTLK] eMate / MessagePad progress report...

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 07:48:30 PDT

One of my recently-acquired eMates came with the memory upgrade card, but the
card does not seem to work. I tried cleaning the electrical contacts with
rubbing alcohol, replacing the card, even switching the two cards with their
respective card slots. :O( Any ideas?

I managed to tear down the other eMate and made the preventive repair to the
hinge.
It took me about two hours (Hey, I'm slow!), and it did not require a
soldering gun.

Simon, if you're reading this, I have managed to tear down the MessagePad,
and the 2100 motherboard is on its way to France! :O)

Now, I have a nice Newton MP 2100 case to replace the cracked on my current
Newt. I'm eyeing my can of yellow Krylon Fusion paint (made for plastic
surfaces), debating whether to paint the case or not. Maybe I'll give it a bit of
an eyePod look.

I have started the laborious process of scanning the hard copy user manual
for the "Writer's Toolkit" {for the eMate}. It will take a while, but I'll get
it done.

I am so sick of being unemployed. Well, at least this keeps me from shooting
squirrels from the bathroom window...for now...

Matt K.