Re: [NTLK] PDA Market

From: bdball-newt1_at_mailblocks.com
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 09:02:18 PDT

Yes. They use proprietary batteries but then don't sell replacements or
provide an "easy" way to replace them. Much like the iPod is doing now.
They basically want you to buy a new unit when your batteries die. I
have not been too impressed with rechargable batteries that Palm and
others have used. I really like the fact that I can use rechargable or
AA batteries in my Newton 2000. I'll bet my Newton and Palm IIIxe out
live my Tungsten T.