Re: [NTLK] eMate / MessagePad progress report...

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 09:20:44 PDT

And in the event that Sonny wasn't clear enough. Disconnect all power
including the battery before removing or installing any ROM or Memory
expansion.
For a complete brainwipe, start the eMate without the Memory expansion
then remove power and install the card, it may take a couple of minutes
before the startup chime sounds.

Woody

On Thursday, June 3, 2004, at 11:02 AM, Sonny Hung wrote:

> NO NO NO! it is not advisable to switch the two cards between their
> respective slots!!!
> (With the handle on top facing the back of the eMate)
> The left is a memory upgrade -the right is the ROM.
> This could cause damage! if you are actually switching the cards back
> and
> forth.

Snip