Re: [NTLK] OS X and Newton

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 17:00:17 PDT

On Jun 4, 2004, at 1:01 AM, Robert Benschop wrote:

> On 4-jun-04, at 05:27, Chris Sparno wrote:
>> Hi everyone. Excuse the newbie question, but was wondering what the
>> preferred tools are for connecting a Newt 2100 to a modern Mac running
>> OS X 10.3
>
> Apart from NewtSync that was mentioned there's Escale (native and under
> development) and NCU under Classic.

Let's not forget Eckharts very cool IR and Bluetooth connectivity,
which is pretty slick if your mac had BT(or IR? I guess) built in...

I can exchange vcard/vcal/packages from the OSX native Bluetooth file
exchange.

Although there really is no sync/backup functionality here either.

Still wicked cool and OSX native... You can also share internet access
over Bluetooth this way... But it doesn't compare to WIFI in speed.

Boo Hoo.

Marty