Re: [NTLK] OS X and Newton - WiFi

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Sat Jun 05 2004 - 13:28:51 PDT

> Still wicked cool and OSX native... You can also share internet access
> over Bluetooth this way... But it doesn't compare to WIFI in speed.

   If there isn't one online already, I can post a tutorial on how to
get wireless package installation working. Caveats: I haven't gotten
Rendezvous to work with it (I think, I'll have to check), and haven't
been able to get DHCP over wireless to work, so you'll need another
Network setup on the OSX box with a manual TCPIP address on Airport.

   Escale will also work over serial, and Appletalk, although I'm not
sure if the serial/USB dongles support Appletalk.

Jim