Re: [NTLK] Handlebar mount?

From: John A (macnut1_at_gawab.com)
Date: Sat Jun 05 2004 - 21:26:55 PDT

On Jun 5, 2004, at 5:14 PM, Donald wrote:

> I found SOME information using google and the Wayback machiene
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20030627140622/http://www.neci.nj.nec.com/
> homepages/sandiway/gps.mechanical.html
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/19970711210511/http://www.neci.nj.nec.com/
> homepages/sandiway/gps.electrical.html
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/19981201070321/www.neci.nj.nec.com/
> homepages/sandiway/gps.software.html
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/19990219201218/www.neci.nj.nec.com/
> homepages/sandiway/gps.reports.html

Thanks for these links! I have a Rand McNally GPS antenna very similar
to the one shone in those pictures. I've been wondering for quite a
while now if there was a way to use it with my Newts. From looking at
the pics there, it looks like all I need is the correct cable to adapt
from the PC-style serial plug to the Mac serial. The only issue is that
instead of a lighter socket plug, mine has a PS2 plug for power, but
I'm sure I could work around that. I wouldn't be using it on a bicycle,
but in a car. Has anybody used the Rand McNally unit with the Newt?
Using the Newt would have to be handier than with a laptop!

John