Re: [NTLK] International Power Adapter Plugs

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 05 2004 - 20:19:05 PDT

Walter F. Croft wrote:
Sat, 05 Jun 2004 22:18:01 -0400

>What I'm looking for is an adapter plug that will work with the U.S. one I
>currently own (Newton 9W Power Adapter). Specifically I'd like a plug that
>will work in Hong Kong.
>
>I wonder if the British power adapter plug listed at J & K will work with
>the standard voltage in HK, which I seem to recall is higher than what is
>used in the U.S. I know the three pronged formation of the British plug
>will
>work since in HK it's common to find all types of plug ends, but I'm not
>sure about the voltage.
>
>Or am I better off hunting down a Newton International Power Adapter if it
>handles the differences in voltage, that an adapter plug will not.

Hi Walter,

I've traveled to Hong Kong and used the Newton 9W Adapter with the Newton
International Adpater Plug set for UK and it works fine. It works just like
anyother converter except it's specially made for the Newt Adpater, it
slides on and has a screw that secures it. If you decided to get a set get
the complete set of three that Apple originally made - the one sold at J&K
is the one I used in HK during my visit.

Regards & God bless, :)

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family!