Re: [NTLK] Looking for MagicApp 1.1

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 08:46:34 PDT

>Anyone else know much about the app? It seems to be a NOS 1.x and I haven't
>had time to look into it further if it would work properly on my MP2x00.
>It's listed as an app that can move pkg's from card to card and also copy
>them card to card. Is there another app that's NOS 2.x compliant that can
do
>the same. Wondering about this because some icons still can't be beamed or
>copied (ex. Eggs #1&2) Just a little lazy probable in figuring this out.
>even with Eeu Unprotect installed...not enough sleep...

Yes I have tried it but as it has been mentioned before, it won't work on
anything later than NOS 1.3. As for EEUnprotect, if you have that installed
it should allow you to beam or move packages to/from a card. Nothing needed
other than having it installed on your Newton. If it still is not working,
I would try a reset (reboot). I have used it on occasion it worked well.
Another thing to try is to go into the "overview" mode in Extras, check the
item you want, then see if it will beam.

On another note, there is a bug in the beaming of NOS 2.1. You need to have
automatic receiving of beams turned on (it is under the i menu in IN/OUT
box). For some reason even if you start a manual reception it rarely works.
But if you have automatic receiving on, it works every time.