Re: [NTLK] Dash Board on the eMate?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 06:06:08 PDT

Hector Facundo Arena wrote:
> I've seen that nice app called Dash Board, but when I tried to download
> the demo, I realized that I was not going to work on the eMate... I'd
> like to know why
>
> Is there anything similar to this program? I'd like to have a sweety
> task bar with a start menu on my eMate....

The eMate doesn't have a software taskbar - they 'replaced' it with the extra
row of buttons on the keyboard.

A nice replacement is TapBar - it gives you a button bar that you can hide if
necessary, and place anywhere on the screen. It's almost like it was designed
for the eMate :) You can even setup multiple TapBars.

You can download it from UNNA:

http://www.unna.org/view.php?/utilites/menus/TapBar

Install the two main packages to get TapBar and the TapBar Setup tool. Then,
in the plugins/ folder are buttons for various apps that you can add to the
TapBar. The first time you run TapBar Setup it should give you a little tour,
of the app.