Re: [NTLK] Closure of Hiroshi Noguchi's Newton Driver site- thanks alot, gilgamesh!

From: Richard Chamberlain (newton_at_sunsetandlabrea.com)
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 22:28:19 PDT

> This just off the internet! Due to unauthorized marketing/pirating of
> HN's WaveLan driver on ebay, the website is no longer available for
> support of newtons. Is this temporary or permanent? Perhaps those that
> know HN can enquire if the change is permanent?

I think that WiFi was / is one of the Newton's killer features - certainly
as a Newt Newbie that was the thing the that attracted me back to the
platform. I presume that he's no longer taking registrations?

Perhaps he could be persuaded to release a free version, for the good of
the community if enough of us clubbed together with somekind of donation?
I'd be more than willing to contribute, even though I already have a
registration code.

> Newton : the end, because of trouble 03/21/2003

His website seems to be redirecting to euro2004.com this morning.

Although the date above is a few months ago, and I registered my driver
after that date.

Cheers,

Richard