[NTLK] gilgamesh21, Hiroshi's site, ebay, etc.

From: Jeff Henry (j3ff_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 09:02:38 PDT

Hello,
I contacted gilgamesh21 off of ebay and let him know our concerns. At first
I may have been a little harsh. I think he now understands our concerns/etc.
He sent Hiroshi and myself an apology. I also pointed gilgamesh21 to our
archive and the discussions we have been having about this. I honestly think
it was a mistake on his part. I think he was trying to do a good thing but
just did not realize about Hiroshi's statement about not putting on sites.
Anyway here is gilgamesh's email to Hiroshi and myself. I am also bcc'ing
this back to gilgamesh21.
Just wanted to let everyone know what was going on. Also thanks Gilgamesh
for your understanding on this. You will not be able to reply to the group
unless you join the list.
Jeff

---
Dear Hiroshi,
I recently sold 6 newton memory cards on ebay in separate auctions that
contained the demo version of your wireless driver, among other packages. It
was intended for people who had no other way to load the driver. I included
instructions that they must register and pay you once they got it onto their
Newton.
I learned just now that this may not be not permitted, and I apologize.
I have removed any similar items from eBay and will not list anything like
it again (unless you give permission).
I offer you immediate reimbursement of the $10 registration fee for each of
the six cards, for a total of $60, if you wish. I would not want you or
anyone in the Newton community to suffer any harm from my error.
If I have violated your policies, I hope you will accept my apology.
Regards,
Gilgamesh21