Re: [NTLK] FW: Re listing on ebay, Hiroshi's driver, etc.

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 09:22:17 PDT

> But i think anyone could easily misinterpret the instructions on
> Hiroshi;s website.

   No, unless 'gilgamesh' has very poor command of English.. The
message is (was) quite clear to me - "Don't post this eleswhere, or I
won't provide it anymore" I thought it a bit odd - I'd want my
software to be as far and wide as possible - especially considering the
scarcity of "Newton Crackers" who might reverse engineer the
registration code, but it is his driver.

   I suggest we get Gilgamesh's email and all send him about 10 emails.
ALL of us.. Let's see 10*1,100 = 11 thousand should give him a *bit*
of an INBOX quota headache..

> error but advertisement of the driver. And it is a bit unusual the
> decision to make the driver unavailiable just because the DEMO version
> appears somewhere

   True. But again, it is his driver. I don't know why he came to that
decision - but I will respect it. The thing that annoys me is that I
can't ensure that *other* people respect it. Western culture (of which
I'm sure that gilgamesh is) generally doesn't work like that.. At
least not anymore <sigh>..

Jim