Re: [NTLK] newtVNC very crashprone?

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 03:06:08 PDT

On Tuesday, June 15, 2004, at 01:26 AM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:
> Quoting Oliver Brose <oliver.brose_at_t-online.de>:
>
> [snip]
>> It is very crashprone though and takes the Newton with it. It also
>> drops the
>> connection constantly.
> [snip]
>
> I only tried it a couple of times, for a total of maybe an hour of
> tapping
> around, but I had no crashes or dropped connections.

The original post didn't make it into my copy of digest#347, so I can't
tell if this applies to you, but the OS 9 VNC (tried it on 8.6 too) was
horribly horribly buggy when I tried it. Neither NewtVNC or WindowsVNC
could connect to it for very long without crashing the Newt, the Mac,
the Windows client...

NewtVNC could talk with the Windows VNC pretty well. A little slow,
and had to be careful of heap, but it worked a whole lot better than
when connecting to the Mac.

HTH.

Brian

--
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only