[NTLK] Serial adapter

From: David Hitt (dhitt_at_hatbag.net)
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 12:43:10 PDT

I'm looking at the logistics of connecting an MP2100 to an iMac via
serial.
I know I can get the dongle, a Mac serial cable, and a
USB-to-DIN8-serial adapter, the latter of which would cost, it appears,
$40-$50.
Can I instead get the dongle, the PC serial cable, and a
USB-to-DB9-serial adapter, which would be much cheaper? Or would the
PC serial cable not work on a Mac platform.
It seems like since the Newt and the iMac are both using adapters to
use the cable, it should work, but I wanted to make sure.
Thanks,
David