Re: [NTLK] Perfect Newton Stand (Used to be: Calise case mod for 2100)

From: Matthew Atkinson (matkinsonmp2k_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 07:40:01 PDT

On the subject of Newton stands...I'd been looking for
a Newton stand that held it so I could read it
laptop-style (i.e. not flat on the table). Numerous
attempts building one with my childhood Erector set
failed miserably.
A few months ago, I was in Books-A-Million using my
Newt at the little coffee shop. I noticed that on
each of the little tables was a "book of the month"
type thing, sitting on a white vinyl coated a-frame
stand. Hmmm, would it fit my Newt? I tried it and,
Newt gods be praised!, it fit the Newt as if it were
made for it! I asked the manager if they sold these
things and she said no, but she had a box of them in
the back that she'd GIVE to me.
So I've found the perfect Newt stand - it's sturdy
enough to hold my mp2k in landscape mode, collapsable
(and therefore portable) and looks kinda classy to
boot. You can adjust it to any angle for better
viewing. The vinyl coating makes it non-slip and
won't mar the Newt's finish (especially the mp2k's
rubberized coating).
So stop by your local bookstore and check it out.
Here's my attempt at ASCII art:
                    o <--hinge
  Newt / \
  sits --> / \