Re: [NTLK] Ethernet woes (long)

From: Mark Holden (spartacus68_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 10:47:05 PDT

On 23 Jun 2004, at 18:21, Paul Guyot wrote:
> What software are you trying to dock to? i.e. what are you running on
> your Mac?
Newton Connection Utiliities running under Classic mode. Appletalk is
on in the System preferences of OS X and the Chooser (in Classic) says
that apple talk is active.

through the switch, or directly to the Mac?<snip>
I'm trying to connect through the switch (I bought it because I thought
it would make life easier than trying to use a crossover cable and make
a direct connection :-) Aaah the irony!

..and in response to Peter <snip> When you start up a connection
attempt, does the light on the ethernet dongle come on? <snip>
Yes the light flashes once only. the switch does not flash at all
though, not a flicker.

Regards,
Mark