Re: [NTLK] Ethernet woes (long)

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 10:21:56 PDT

Aux environs du 23/06/04 à 16:11 +0100, sous le titre "[NTLK]
Ethernet woes (long)", Mark Holden prit sa plus belle plume pour
écrire les mots suivants:
>The Dock is set up to 'connect via AppleTalk' but when I select
>'Connect to ... other computer' all I get is the "Looking for MacOS
>computers.." box. The activity LED on the ethernet switch for the Newt
>connection does not light up at any point.

When using AppleTalk, you don't need Newton Internet Enabler and
Newton Ethernet Support. You don't need any DHCP setting on the
contrary to what has been read in this thread. You just need an
AppleTalk-capable router/switch/whatever.

What software are you trying to dock to? i.e. what are you running on your Mac?

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/