[NTLK] Newton Self-Turnon #2

From: Stephen Wolfson (wolfson_at_infusent.com)
Date: Fri Jun 25 2004 - 03:38:32 PDT

Hi All,

A few weeks ago I wrote about my Newton seeming to turn itself on.

I left it on the adapter carefully turned it off and went to sleep.

I found (did this several times) that when I awoke the Newt was on
displaying the last app I had on, BUT the Newt was stuck in that I couldn't
turn off the unit, close apps etc. Actually the digitizer seemed to be in
"ink"
drawing more as I could scribble on the screen.

The unit it self was a JK 2000-2100 upgrade (their new board upgrade) and I
have a
20 meg flash in the Newton.
I have a good backup so I can do a total clear/reload if needed (or I have
all my packages save off so
I can reload them as well).
I do have the drivers for Wireless and Ether loaded

Thanks,
Steve