Re: [NTLK] Newton Self-Turnon #2

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Fri Jun 25 2004 - 15:15:59 PDT

Hi Steve

The Newton does turn itself on every night at 3:00 am does some
housekeeping related to scheduled events, alarms etc. It should
however turn itself off.
You could check preferences to see if your sleep setting is for
'never', if so change it to a shorter period of time.
Your freeze-up that allows ink like input seems like the Newt is
engaged in some process but not fully crashed. If it does not
misbehave in any other way I would backup all packages and information
and do a brain wipe. (Remove all memory cards. Hold down power switch
and press and hold the reset button for 2 seconds, continue to hold
down the power switch until you see a dialog window asking if you want
to erase all info. tap yes and when it asks for conformation tap yes
again.) Now restore all information except system information. If this
doesn't correct the problem contact J&K sales for exchange.

Woody