[NTLK] J & K Sales, Inc. Newton battery never received.

From: francoventimiglia_at_iol.it
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 00:41:32 PDT

Dear Newtontalk List,

copy to

J & K Sales, Inc.

Someone can help me please?
I live in Venice, Italy. In date 27 April 2004 I ordered and paid for by credit
card, at J & K Sales, Inc. (Campton, Kentucky), a New “Newton Rechargeable
Battery Pack”, shipped on “28 April 2004” (Order # 587).
The Shipping Method I paid for is the following:
United States Postal Service (1 x 2.1lbs)
[Airmail Parcel Post (4 - 10 Days)].
Till now, after “2 months”, I received “nothing” but “J & K Sales has my money”!
What can I do? It’s only a battery, not a car! I purchased a lot of things
online (software, hardware, books) but I never had any kind of problem. J & K
Sales told me they have sent the item (they also enclosed, via e-mail, a copy of
the customs paper work and the insurance card) but now, as they say, “the order
is out of their control”.
What to do? The problem is not only the money I lost but the Newton battery “I
really need for”.
Someone can help me please?

Thanks to all,

from Italy