Re: [NTLK] Phone numbers

From: David Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 14:14:45 PDT

On Jun 28, 2004, at 5:03 PM, Paul Guyot wrote:
> What do you have in your Newton address book for your contacts in
> Israel? That's the question I ask. Could there be any number starting
> with a 0? If so, should the 0 be dialed after 972 (the country code
> for Israel)?

Ah sorry about that. In the Newt I have 011 as the area code, then the
rest as the number.

> If you need to dial 011 972 2 123456 to reach a contact in Jerusalem,
> then I need to pass 972 2 123456 to the phone (without spaces, of
> course).

That is indeed what I dial. 011, then 972 and the number, no additional
zeroes, especially leading ones, in the rest of the number. There are 8
numbers after the 972, but the first one after the 972 is not a zero...