Re: [NTLK] Mail V vs. SimpleMail?

From: Eric Schneck (eschneck_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 05:56:12 PST

>From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
>Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 22:51:18 PST

>First of all it only works for IMAP mail service, so if you are using
>POP you are SOL.

I found a free mail service that supports IMAP:

http://www.fastmail.fm/

From their site:
-----------------------
Guest
Sign up now

10 MB storage space
40 MB bw/month
IMAP/Web access
45 day no activity period
Taglines on emails
Ads in the web-interface
   (no pop-ups)

I set up a free account, and it works fine with Mail V. This is a good setup for me, since I can send mail for my Newton to this IMAP account, and pick up my large volume of regular mail/spam on my Mac.

Eric

(Obviously not affiliated with vendors mentioned above)