Re: [NTLK] Mail V vs. SimpleMail?

From: mark smith (mark_at_bbprojects.net)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 06:17:39 PST

Eric Schneck wrote:

> I found a free mail service that supports IMAP:
>
> http://www.fastmail.fm/

...but there is NO smtp service provided with a free account.

If you want a fully functional free imap account, you could do
worse than:

<http://www.myrealbox.com/>

There are no catches and no ads.

Its an experimental service in as much as it is used as a test bed
for novell netware. I have an account with them that I use as a
backup and for sites etc. where I don't want to give out one of my
main addresses. Its pretty robust, has SSL, authenticated SMTP
etc. Unbeatable at the price.

For those willing to spend money on IMAP. Here is an excellent
list:

<http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/imap/isps/>

Its not exhaustive - e.g. one which I could recommend: shire.net
(<http://www.shire.net/>) is not listed. There may be other
notable ommissions, but it is an excellent resource nevertheless.

Mark.