Re: [NTLK] Can NCU be made to sync with Palm Desktop?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 04:21:05 PST

on 3/3/04 11:23 PM, Luiz Petroni at lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br wrote:

> NewtSync is really a good piece of software and it's really cool to
> sync with only OSX applications but it needs further adjustments to be
> as fast/stable as NCU.

Wow!!! If that's the case, it must be _really_ bad!!! I never got NCU to
work for me, not even once, for syncing. I could export fine to various file
formats, but syncing was not even a joke! My best success was with Now
Contact and using their software. No, it was far from perfect, but at least
I got the important data--names, addresses and phone numbers. It was
disappointing when ver. 4.0 broke Now Sync. :-( Newtourage seems to be nice,
but now I need something to sync Entourage with Address book--that isn't an
expensive AppleScript--which, for some reason, scares me. I'm hoping that
Office 2004 has an address book sync feature. For now, I enter things into
Entourage, and drop vcards onto the desktop and then into Address book... A
kludge, but it works. Manual sync.... Works every time--not.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland