[NTLK] [ANN] nBlog 1.1 beta

From: Gavin McKenzie (ntlk_at_gavinmckenzie.fastmail.fm)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 12:26:17 PST

Folks,

I've put up a .sit file containing a modified nBlog pkg that addresses my
major (and really only) previous annoyance when using nBlog with
MovableType: that the Blogger API caused the title of the post to be
prepended into the entry body. My modifications add "MovableType" to the
Weblog API picker in the prefs, and when using this API I call the
MetaWeblog interfaces (which distinguish between title and body) of
MovableType rather than the Blogger interfaces.

The .sit file includes the source, the nBlog.pkg, and the unchanged
builds of XML-RPC.pkg and nHTML.pkg included for convenience.
You can find both the 1.1beta and the rebuilds of the originals at:
http://www.gavinmckenzie.com/newton/nblog/

I've done light testing with my changes, and so far it seems to work
okay. I've wired the Publish button to call the mt.publish interface to
rebuild an entry. The Always Publish flag in the prefs does seem to
determine whether or not a rebuild occurs after posting, but regardless
the posted entry always shows in MT with a Status of Publish.

Ideally, I'd like to add support for categories and/or keywords, but I
probably won't get to that for a while.

I've included the original license etc. as per the instructions of the
source license.
I intend to ping Adam Tow and inquire as to how he'd like other details
handled -- for instance, the About information and copyright is unchanged
which seems misleading, and might lead people to think that they should
contact him for support or questions.

If anyone tries this, let me know how it goes. Feedback is welcome.

Gavin.