Re: [NTLK] Launch, License or Liberate?! [was Re: OT: Steve and the Newton (Was: Money Making)]

From: josh musket (jmusket_at_nmu.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 09:50:02 PST

>but we also know that the one thing we dont/wont have is permission from apple to do it ourselves.

So? What I'm saying is why don't people work on the next newton? At the
very least, we'll have the next thing - even if we can't market it. It's
even possible that if demand is demonstrated by devotion, Apple will
have to realize the feasibility, even if they simply make money off of
the liscense. Remember - most of the parts in the Newton line aren't
proprietary to Apple, so at the very least, experiment can be done. If
someone is interested in it, fine. but if someone is, then they can try
with others that are. I've heard talk that others are into this - well,
maybe they can get in contact, eh?

Josh