Re: [NTLK] bowie buoy, was Re: [Totally OT, but kinda like the answer,

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 00:16:59 PST

>Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:50:28 -0800
>From: Peter Fraser <pjfraser_at_mac.com>
>Subject: [NTLK] bowie buoy, was Re: [Totally OT, but kinda like the answer,
>
>ok, then...
>
>now would seem to be the appropriate time for you to view THIS:
>
>http://homepage.mac.com/pjfraser/bowie/PhotoAlbum107.html
>

>Andrei Chichak <acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net> wrote:
>

> >>Bowie had some of the best...

Thanks, Peter! I'd seen this before though, musta been a link in my
kayaking community somewhere. Any clue why the thin white duke would watch
North American waterways?

Anyhow, while your's is a very humorous buoy, there's even a song about a
really live-saving buoy in the olden days, prodigiously performed by The
Scurvy Pirates (est. 1712, see http://fullspeed.to/thescurvypirates ).
Unfortunately, it was up at mp3.com which is dead now, so if you want any
of that, drop me a line and I'll mail it over. A taste of their goods can
sampled here http://artists2.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/The_Scurvy_Pirates .

DJV.