Re: [NTLK] [Totally OT, but kinda like the answer,

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 23:56:36 PST

>Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:35:26 -0700
>From: Andrei Chichak <acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] [Totally OT, but kinda like the answer,
>
> >Bowie had some of the best guitar players and some of the finest guitar
> >parts of the post-psychedelic, pre-punk inbetween-era, then went on
> >(courtesy of Mr. Brian Eno of Roxy Music) to do more ambient synthie stuff
> >and finally ended doing ghastly pop (still much airplayed today).
>
>Ooop, watch associating Eno with that later Roxy Music stuff.

Didn't, though, did I? He'd left Roxy Music, worked with Bowie, went on to
do even more ambient stuff on his own ("Music for Airports" being one of
his best-known LPs), and Bowie went on to do chart toppers again ("Dancing
In the Streets", "Blue Jean", "China Girl"...) - stuff good enough to be
great "hits", as hits go, but not good Bowie.

>Bowie has been into all sorts of music for a very long time. It is good to
>see that he is doing well enough to put himself out there and he's not
>having to slut the commercial stuff as much.

Right on. After all that lame stuff, listening to the stuff he recorded for
British TV series "Buddha of Suburbia" (after Akif Kureishi) was really
comforting.

DJV.