Re: [NTLK] Received a suspicious e-mail about a Newton survey.

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 07:01:50 PST

WHY NOT post the survey to the list and those that wish to answer it can and those that dont want to wont. that way we can all see it at once and then decide for ourselves. to tell the truth i dont think its a spam collecting simply for the fact that they chose the newton of all items. we are for the most part the minority when it comes to mailing list. im sure, palm pilots would get a much better/bigger response. plus what could they try to sell us that we would even bother with? unless they had newton software available it would technically be a waste of time to even do that.
mho,

LAG

Dave Bonhoff <gtidave_at_newted.dyndns.org> wrote:
Out of curiosity, I called Michael and we had a brief discussion
regarding this email. He stated that Stone Multimedia Solutions has
been contracted to perform a marketing survey for a company which does
not wish to be named at this time. The company is exploring the
possibility of purchasing the Newton rights from Apple (I laughed at
that!) and designing and marketing a new device with the features
listed in the email, plus possibly other features or functions that
might be suggested.

Michael was a bit confused as to why people would be suspicious of his
email, as he believes that his email was straight forward and open. He
also encourages anyone interested to call or email him. He can be
reached at:

General Inquiries:
Toll Free
Phone: 1-800-201-5305
Fax: 416-345-9044
info_at_stonemultimedia.com
sales_at_stonemultimedia.com

Mailing Address:
Stone Multimedia Solutions, Inc.
1071 King Street West, Suite 316
Toronto, ON, Canada
M6K 3K2

"If you don't wish to participate, just don't reply" was his suggestion
for those not interested.

For what it is worth, I would like to participate in the survey myself
to voice my support. Would someone please email me the survey (off
list I guess)?