Re: [NTLK] Semi-OT - Magic Cap vs Newton?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 02:42:45 PST

on 3/22/04 1:48 AM, Vaguely Radio at vradio_at_maine.rr.com wrote:

> The price is
> right, so I'll probably end up getting one regardless just as a toy,
> but I doubt that I'll be using it for anything "practical" as I can
> with my Newton.

I believe the Magic Cap had some horrible memory leak bugs that were never
solved... It kept slowing down and slowing down, and eventually--poof--all
your data was gone or something... I never owned one, but you can follow the
saga of Woz's journey with them... Google for Woz and Magic Cap. I'm sure
you will find the articles I read... Magic Cap was a really tragic story...
The Newton was a raving success in comparison!

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland