[NTLK] OT: Mac Question

From: Marty Sanchez (martysanchez_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 19:52:31 PST

Hey All,

Just looking for some advice.

I currently work in IT and I have my various O/S's down pat
(Unix/Linux/Windows) but it's been awhile (a long while) since I've played
with the Mac O/S.

I'm currently looking into getting back into the Mac and I'm wondering what
would be a good entry level Mac laptop.

I'm wondering a couple of things:

1. How much RAM should I have installed if I am going to be running Panther?
2. How compatible is the Airport Extreme with other WiFi routers such as
Linksys?

Those are just a sample of some questions.

If there are any recommendations that you can make or some websites that I
should check, please let me know.

Ideally, reply to me offlist, unless of course you feel that it would
benefit the group as a whole.

Thanks,

Marty