Re: [NTLK] OT: Mac Question

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 10:39:39 PST

On Mar 25, 2004, at 5:52 AM, Jason wrote:

> Yes; It is totally wrong. It's nothing with "non-Apple memory."
>
> There *are* some problems with memory from "gray market" sources that
> isn't completely up to spec, and that DOES cause problems in some
> recent Mac models (not just the iBook.)
>
> It's easy to identify these types of memory chips: They are
> extraordinarily cheap!
Actually there are rather inexpensive source for quality mac memories
also...

I recommend:

http://memorytogo.com

They have memory for most macs going back about 5 years, they know
what RAM you need (if you know which machine you have!), and all there
memories are lifetime warranteed(SP?) Good service also.

Marty

I recommend 512M for OSX, with 256M being bare minimum.