Re: [NTLK] OT: Mac Question

From: Adam M.Anklewicz (adam_at_carbonation.com)
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 06:15:02 PST

As someone who sells macs for a living, I can tell you that some RAM
does not quite reach the specs that they claim to be, and that is
usually the cheapest RAM. On a PC this will cause crashing and many
other problems. Apple has gone to disable any RAM that does not meet
the specs so that the user isn't frustrated with their computer
thinking that it's constantly crashing and it's a piece of junk. The
RAM is the piece of junk. We sell Shikatronics memory at the store that
I work at and we've never had a serious problem, with any problems that
we do have their customer service is great and extremely easy to get a
solution.