Re: [NTLK] Welcome, Dr. Tom!

From: Till Kortüm (till_k_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sat May 08 2004 - 02:52:33 PDT

Am 07. Mai 2004 um 16:06 Uhr schrieb Thomas Isenbarger:

> Also, I am a research type doctor (Ph.D.), not a physician (M.D.), so
> don't waste your time looking for hospital/patient type software. But,
> anything that would be useful for laboratory research in environmental
> and evolutionary microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry,
> genetics, genomics, etc., would be appreciated!

There are some apps, but nothing spectacular:
http://www.unna.org/unna/applications/calculator/MolMass1.0/
http://www.unna.org/unna/applications/medical/MolBioCalc1.0/
http://www.unna.org/unna/applications/PeriodicTable1.0/
IIRC there is at least one other priodic table app. Beware of the
molecular mass calculator, it sometimes gives wrong values. MolBioCalc
calculates nucleic acid concentrations from OD ratios (might come in
handy if your photometer does not do that directly).

Regards
Till